Monday, March 10, 2014

Lines and Doodles.

My little Kinder artists recently completed a Kandinsky unit after opening with a Dot Project back in December.  They created some super duper MESSY Kandinsky line paintings after reading The Straight Line Wonder by Mem Fox.  This book is a fun, interactive read aloud as the Kinders loved acting out the bumping, zig zaggy, swirling, and twirling lines as the story progressed.


After reading the story, we also looked at some of the examples of lines I have on a few different worksheets too.



But, here's the best part.  I scored this sweet dress on clearance at Forever 21 (I know, I know, I avoid going in that store as I am allergic to their loud music and am clearly more suited to shopping at a Forever 30).  This dress was perfect and looks so much like my worksheets.  My little Kinders were absolutely mesmerized by the different types of lines on this puppy.



Below are a few examples of their Kinder line paintings.  The students started by dipping small matboard pieces into black tempera paint to draw their lines.  During the next class, students used Crayola construction paper crayons to add Kandsinky-inspired colors to their paintings.






Can't get enough of my Kinder artists this year.  Plus, I sleep really well after a day of teaching Kindergarteners...

No comments:

Post a Comment