Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Party in the USA, Part Two.

Hey babe, let's take a walk on the wild side...

For my next part-ay feature, we're gonna check out the jungle-themed shower I threw for my dear high school friend having twin boys.  If anyone can handle twins, it's this chick: she is one tough cookie.

Now, I'd be "lion" if I said I didn't want to do homemade invites.  I SO wanted to and I came up with some fun ideas, but again, same story: not enough time.

So, Zazzle to the rescue!  Again, the image is a screenshot from their site so don't try and come over for tea at my home in Frisco, TX.  Not even sure where Frisco is...



I made the pennants on the fireplace from leftover animal-y scrapbook paper I had at school.


I cut a bunch of zebra grass and allium from my garden to decorate the mantle and the dining table.  Free flowers are the best flowers!

 

Part of my gift to the future momma was a collection of jungle-themed classics such as The Scrawny Tawny Lion, Where the Wild Things Are, and Jumanji.



Hand-drawn chalkboard decor and Ostrich fern


I decorated the table with zebra wrapping paper to keep it on the cheap instead of buying a brand new tablecloth.


Thrifted silver tray and borrowed African giraffes from my mom.  The flower vase is an old science beaker from mi esposo's place of work.


I had WAY too much fun putting together the menu for this shindig and my fabulous friend helped out with the food in a big way.  Enjoy these tantalizing treats!


Walk on the Wild Side Menu

Beverages:
  • Jungle Juice (not like the kind we used to have in college)

Dinner:

Dessert:
  • Zebra Chow (pretzels and Hershey hugs)
  • Safari Snakes 'n Dirt (pudding, oreos, and gummy worms)
  • Animal Crackers
  • Zebra Cakes (red velvet cupcakes and cream cheese icing)
  • Spotted Leopard Cookies (chocolate chip cookies)










I gifted the momma-to-be a handmade baby mobile.  The mobile was constructed from a birch tree branch I picked up in Door County.  I drew and cut out the jungle animals from scrapbook paper.  Then, I used a needle and thread to gently pull the thread through the paper animals.


Annnnd finally, the guests lucky enough to attend this shower received a customized mason jar stuffed with animal crackers.  I picked up these jars real cheap at Walmart along with the plastic animals, which were glued on with my good ol' trusty glue gun.  Quick spray paint job, and BAM: jar-tastic!


Don't know about you, but the biggest kick I ever got, was doing a thing called the Crocodile Rock.  Have you tried it yet?

No comments:

Post a Comment