Sunday, April 26, 2015

Baby Kandinsky.

Last weekend, while going stir crazy on yet another gray drizzly afternoon, I decided to get a little artsy with Baby French Fry. 

 I had been reading her Herve Tullet's Mix It Up, which is a great book to use in the classroom AND at home.  It makes color mixing super understandable and the interactive qualities of the book beat an iPad any day.

Now, I don't know how much my little nugget understood about tints and shades, but she seemed to enjoy studying the different dots and brushstrokes in the book, so I'll count it as a win.

Then we got to work painting.  Our supplies included:

- Large zipper bag
- Painters tape
- Primary color paint (I watered mine down a wee bit)
- Paper scraps


 We didn't need much and got to work quickly...



She studied the paint blobs for a while before I showed her what happened when we pressed down on the paint.


I really liked the little lady's painting technique as she used her fingers and her tummy on her canvas.  Totally channeled her inner abstract artist and made it all about the process.

We are certainly looking forward to many more art dates in our home!

No comments:

Post a Comment