Saturday, October 12, 2013

The Perks of Being a Fabric Flower.

Here's a sneak peek into what Miss French Fry did this week in her limited free time...

LOTS of veggie harvesting from my backyard garden.  I have had a bounty of peppers this week and it has been fabulous.  Peppers from the garden taste so different than the ones at the store.  I whipped up a breakfast pizza (recipe forthcoming), kind of making it up as I went, and let me tell you, the fresh peppers and chard from the garden nailed it!



Annnnd, I worked on a nifty fabric flower necklace for the birthday of a dear art colleague of mine.  We are anthropologie fans, but, our teacher pocketbooks keep our anthro spending in check.  Probably a good thing in all honesty.  So, I put together a necklace for her inspired by Anthropologie's fabric flower necklace (which retails for around $60).

I used fabric scraps, my trusty glue gun, a few burned fingers, and ribbon, and TA DA...


And of course, in true Anthro-inspired fashion, the final wrapping job just had to complete the look.







No comments:

Post a Comment