Monday, December 16, 2013

Goodwill Towards Men (and Art Teachers).

I am a thrift store junkie.  Amanda Byne's got plastic surgery and I've got Goodwill.  My family doesn't understand my pure absolute bliss while digging through overly Febreeze-d clothing and hunting for knick knacks that probably came from a deceased old lady's mantle, but I cannot get enough.  At least part of my daily wardrobe is a thrifted item, which as an art teacher makes sense, because you just never know when a student will drop an ENTIRE container of glaze in your lap (did I mention the container was open too?).  Here are my finds from this weekend:


Clothing: One old man sweater complete with elbow patches and a gorgeous linen French Connection dress
Books: The Cooking of Scandinavia and Pippi in the South Seas by Astrid Lindgren
Accessories: Brand new canvas backpack from Target (Christmas present baby!)
Schtuff: Vintage picnic basket to store my sewing supplies, two teacup sets, and of course, a mason jar



The teacups are going to be used as Christmas gifts for some colleagues at school, so stay tuned!


Oh and I'll leave you with this tidbit from today:



Kindergartener: Miss French Fry, why are your legs yellow?
MFF: Well, I was really hungry this morning, so I ate A LOT of mustard for breakfast.
K: GASP

Let's see if that earns me any phone calls tomorrow or forever deters children from enjoying bratwurst's favorite condiment.  Until next time, eat your mustard Arties!





No comments:

Post a Comment