Monday, January 20, 2014

It's Easy Being Green.

Hi Ho!  Kermit the Frog here, and turns out, it's easy being green.



I've been on a breakfast smoothie kick for quite some time.  These smoothies are a great way to make sure we get a good heap of veggies daily.

When I'm whipping up these smoothies, I try and bust out a whole bunch of them at once.  If I'm gonna get the kitchen dirty, I might as well make it worth my while.

I purchased a few dozen Wide-Mouth Ball mason jars in both the pint and quart sizes from Fresh Preserving thanks to some sweet online coupons.  I also picked up some Ball Wide-Mouth Freezer Lids  at good ol' Amazon.

These jars are fantastic for freezing make ahead smoothies, soups, stews, veggie sides, just about anything.

I whipped up these 2 bad boys in my recent batch:

Pineapple Chard Smoothie

Raspberry Cinnamon Green Smoothie



I like to throw in some flaxseed and chia seeds for some extra nutritious flava'.  The best part about smoothie-making is that it's REALLLLY hard to mess them up.  Plus, it's a great way to use up some of the extra chard and collared greens from this summer's garden harvest.


Do your green thang, folks!

No comments:

Post a Comment