Thursday, April 10, 2014

Smock Yeah!

Heya Arties!  Do any of you out there have that one art room peeve that makes you off-your-art-rockers CRAZAY?

My top peeve (amongst the couple of other ones I have, such as kiddos digging for gold up their little noses and those few students who are constantly word vomiting during my directions) is students asking me where their wet paintings go.

I have taught my students for quite a few years now and some of them (5th graders even!) will STILL come up to me, shove a wet painting at my nose, and ask "Where should I put it?"

Usually I respond with a deep breath and a "I do not need a wet painting.  Where would it live?"  On my days without enough coffee, my internal response probably sounds something like, "Well, kid, I'll tell ya where to put it..."  Juuuuust kidding.

Below is my quick and easy fix to ensure I don't lose my bananas one of these days.


Here's a close-up of this smock-a-roo.


Now when my students ask me where their wet paintings go, I just do a simple point to my smock, and keep on keepin' on.

I'd love to hear what your tips and tricks are for peeves such as these!

No comments:

Post a Comment